The My Portal panel gives quick access to basic up.time functions and to saved reports. The My Portal panel is divided into several sections:
The top portion of the My Portal panel gives you quick access to the following:
- tutorials that demonstrate how to perform basic tasks in up.time
- up.time’s online help
- the up.time community support forums
There is also a search engine with which you can find information at the up.time Support Portal.
The My Preferences section enables you to:
- view your user account settings
- change your user account settings by clicking the edit icon (see Editing User Information for details on editing your user account settings)
Latest up.time Articles
The Latest up.time Articles section contains a list of recent Knowledge Base articles. This list is fed to the My Portal panel via RSS (Really Simple Syndication, a method for delivering summaries of and links to Web content). You simply click the title of the article to open it in your Web browser.
The up.time Information section contains the following information about your Monitoring Station:
- Whether or not updates are available. If an update is available, there will be a link to the up.time Client Care Portal where you can download the update.
- The status of your license, including the type of license and the numbers remaining before the license expires.
The My Alerts section contains a list of Elements that are in a warning or critical state, and are sending alerts to you (and anyone else in the same Notification Group).
The Saved Reports tab lists the reports that you have scheduled and saved. For more information on scheduling reports, see Scheduling Reports.
This section contains the following information about the reports:
- the name of the report
- an optional description of the report
- which up.time user saved this report for you
- whether or not the report is scheduled to run at a specific time
- whether or not the report will be saved to a directory on the Monitoring Station or on another server
- the time at which the report will next be run, in the following format:
Wed Oct 12 14:30:00 EDT 2005
The My Portal panel only displays the reports and graphs that you have defined. However, a system administrator or a user with administrator privileges can view all saved reports.
By default, the following saved reports are created when up.time is installed:
A custom dashboard tab displays the contents of an external Web page that is referenced by URL. Creating one or more custom tabs allows up.time users to view customized content through My Portal.
Custom dashboards are visible to members of specific, dashboard-related User Groups. For information on configuring a custom dashboard, see Custom Dashboard Tabs.