The installer for Windows-based Uptime Infrastructure Monitor Agents uses a wizard that guides you through the installation process.
If the Windows installer requires unavailable service packs – for example, SiteServer or Terminal Server – contact Customer Support and request the extracted Windows Agent, which can be installed without using the Windows installer.
To install an agent on Windows, do the following:
- Copy the installer (
setup.exe) for the Windows Agent to the system on which you want to install it.
- Log in to the system running the Monitoring Station as the local administrator.
Uptime Infrastructure Monitor may not function properly if the Monitoring Station is installed when you are logged in as a domain or non-local administrator.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the
- On the installer Welcome screen, click Next.
- On the Select Installation Folder screen, accept or modify the default type path to the folder in which the Agent will be installed.
- Select the Make available for Everyone check box.
- Click Next.
- On the Confirm Installation dialog screen, click Next.