The installer for Windows-based up.time Agents uses a wizard that guides you through the installation process.
If the Windows installer requires unavailable service packs – for example, SiteServer or Terminal Server – contact Customer Support and request the extracted Windows Agent, which can be installed without using the Windows installer.
To install an agent on Windows, do the following:
- Copy the installer (
setup.exe) for the Windows Agent to the system on which you want to install it.
- Log in to the system running the Monitoring Station as the local administrator.
up.time may not function properly if the Monitoring Station is installed when you are logged in as a domain or non-local administrator.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the
- On the installer Welcome screen, click Next.
- On the Select Installation Folder screen, accept or modify the default type path to the folder in which the Agent will be installed.
- Select the Make available for Everyone check box.
- Click Next.
- On the Confirm Installation dialog screen, click Next.