up.time Agents for Solaris are installed at the command line.
To install an agent on Solaris, do the following:
- Log into the system as user
- Using a file transfer method such as FTP, transfer the archive containing the Agent to the system on which you want to install it.
You should copy the archive to a temporary directory on the system.
- Extract the archive using the following command:
tar -xvf <agentName>.tar
<agentName>will vary depending on which platform and version you are installing (e.g.,
- Run the following command found, ensuring you include the dot metacharacter:
pkgadd -d .
- Follow the prompts from the
pkgaddutility to select the Agent package and install it.