The HTTP monitor may return a status of OK if the monitor times out and the text search criteria is contains. This occurs because the specified text was not found and therefore a WARN or CRIT threshold was not reached.
You can prevent this from happening by editing the HTTP monitor in the following way:
- In the Uptime Infrastructure Monitor UI, click Services and then click the Edit icon beside the name of the HTTP monitor that you want to edit (the monitor template will open in a new window).
- On the monitor template, select Advanced View from the dropdown list at the top of the window.
- In the Server Response area, select Does not Contain from the Critical dropdown list.
- In the text field, type OK.
- Click the Finish button to save the changes.