The first step in locating your DataStore is to identify the database type and the host on which the database resides.
- In the Uptime Infrastructure Monitor UI, click the Support button in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the middle of the new window you will see the database type and location. For example:
Database: Host: orasrvr Port: 1521 Connection: jdbc:oracle:thin:DEMO/******@//orasrvr:1521/orcl User: DEMO Version: Oracle Oracle Database 11g Release 184.108.40.206.0 - Production
If you are using the local MySQL DataStore that is bundled with Uptime Infrastructure Monitor, follow these steps to determine the DataStore location:
- Browse to the mysql directory in the Uptime Infrastructure Monitor application directory. The default installation directories are:
- Windows - C:\Program Files\uptime software\\uptime\
- Linux - /usr/local/uptime
- Solaris - /opt/uptime
- Open the /mysql/my.ini file. The location of the up.time DataStore is identified on the line starting with datadir. For example:
datadir="C:/Program Files//uptime software/uptime/datastore/data/"
- Browse to the directory specified by datadir and you will find the ibdata file. This is the tablespace file for the MySQL database.