|up.time Uptime Infrastructure Monitor 7.1 and later have this configured automatically so you will not need to apply it. If missing from the configuration then contact uptime Support to review.|
Setting the -server Java option will enable the up.time Uptime Infrastructure Monitor core to use the server JVM, which has enhanced performance and stability for applications that stay running for long periods of time (such as up.timeUptime Infrastructure Monitor). To enable the -server option, complete the following steps for the appropriate Operating System:
- Stop the up.time Uptime Infrastructure Monitor core: # /etc/init.d/uptime_core stop
- Edit the /uptime.lax file and change the following line:
- From: lax.nl.java.option.additional=-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/uptime/bin
- To: lax.nl.java.option.additional=-server -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/uptime/bin
- Start the up.time Uptime Infrastructure Monitor core: # /etc/init.d/uptime_core start
- Contact uptime Support to request the appropriate JVM version for your up.time Uptime Infrastructure Monitor release (see below).
- Stop the up.time Data Collector.
- Extract the JVM zip file into the \\jre\\bin directory within a server folder so it looks similar to: \\jre\\bin\\server\\jvm.dll.
- Edit the \\wrapper.conf file and add the sample line below to the end of the section labelled: Java Additional Parameters.
- Note that X in the sample needs to be changed to be 1 more then the current parameter count. (For example if there's no additional parameters then the value should be 1, or if there's already 2 additional parameters then it should be 3)
- Sample line: wrapper.java.additional.X=-server
- Start the up.time Data Collector.
JVM -server Version Guidelines
- up.time Uptime Infrastructure Monitor 5.0 requires jvm-server-1.5.0_10.zip
- up.time Uptime Infrastructure Monitor 5.1 & 5.2 require jvm-server-1.6.0_11.zip
- up.time Uptime Infrastructure Monitor 5.3, 5.4 & 5.5 require jvm-server-1.6.0_20.zip
- up.time Uptime Infrastructure Monitor 6.0 require jvm-server-1.6.0_26.zip
- up.time Uptime Infrastructure Monitor 7.0 require jvm-server-1.6.0_31.zip