Installing the Uptime Infrastructure Monitor AIX or HP-UX Agent
- Download the latest version of the agent from the downloads page
- Be sure to select the appropriate Agent for your system version and architecture.
- FTP or copy the agent file to the system on which the agent will run. If you are using FTP to transfer the file, ensure that you use binary mode.
- Log in to your Uptime Infrastructure Monitor Monitoring Station the AIX server you copied the Agent to in Step 3 as root.
- Run the following command:
tar -xf <filename>.tar
- Run the INSTALL.sh script and wait for the message informing you that the installation is complete.
- Manually restart (x)inetd on the system to ensure that the agent is set up to run when the monitoring station polls it.
- Change to the directory in which you extracted the Uptime Infrastructure Monitor agent from its archive.
- Run the following script:
- When prompted, type y and press Enter to uninstall the Uptime Infrastructure Monitor agent.
The Agent's password will be removed when re-installing or upgrading the agent, the password will need to be re-entered.