- In the Infrastructure panel, click Auto Discovery.
The Auto Discovery window appears.
- Select Discover IBM System p Frames using HMC, then click Next.
- In the HMC Hostname field, enter the name of the system on which the HMC is running.
- In the Username and Password fields, provide the information required to log into the HMC.
- Select the Element Group in which newly discovered systems will be placed.
- Click Next to begin the auto-discovery process.
A list of the systems that match all your defined criteria is generated. The time required for the list to populate is dependent on the breadth of your search criteria.
- When the auto-discovery list is complete, select the corresponding check boxes for all the servers you wish to add to Uptime Infrastructure Monitor.
Click Next to begin adding your selections.
As your selections are added to Uptime Infrastructure Monitor as Elements, the progress of their addition is displayed.
If this process is not fully completed, none of the queued servers become Uptime Infrastructure Monitor Elements.
- Click Done.
All of the new Elements will appear in the selected Element group under Infrastructure.