We recommend using the root account for ESX monitoring. If the root account is not available, you can add an up.time user with the following instructions:
- SSH login to the ESX system as root.
- Create your up.time user: \n> > adduser –p PASSWORD uptime
- Edit /etc/vmware/hostd/authorization.xml as shown below. You will need to:
- add the stanza for the new user (copy it from the vpxuser stanza and change the id and ACEDataId)
- increase the NextAceId value. ha-folder-root 10 false true -1 root ha-folder-root 11 false true -1 vpxuser ha-folder-root 12 false true -1 uptime 13