When integrating with the API, note the following general programming rules:
- fields are not always returned in the same order; reference fields by name
- fields are not always returned; validate a field is available before using it
- array results are not guaranteed to be sorted
- date and time fields are always returned in ISO 8601 format
Example API Calls and Helper Classes
The following examples and helper classes are available on GitHub. Helper classes allow you to make API calls, and assign them to objects, from various languages.
- .Net helper class
- Perl helper class
- PHP helper class
- jQuery D3 charting example
You can find examples of dashboards and gadgets that are built using the API on the Uptime Infrastructure Monitor Grid. These also are available as open-source projects on GitHub. These dashboards and gadgets are ready to be installed on your Monitoring Station using the Extension Manager.