If your organization has a virtual infrastructure that is managed by VMware vCenter or Microsoft Hyper-V, you can use Uptime Infrastructure Monitor to monitor, diagnose, and report on your virtual machines and management servers. From an administrative perspective, seamlessly integrating virtual and physical assets in Uptime Infrastructure Monitor has several key benefits:
- Save time by working with one dashboard and management tool for monitoring, alerting, and alert acknowledgement.
- Generate diagnosis graphs from the same monitoring tool, allowing you to view both virtual and physical machines in the same views.
- In addition to Uptime Infrastructure Monitor’s dedicated virtualization reports, you can extend Uptime Infrastructure Monitor’s general resource-focused reports to vCenter servers, ESX servers, and VMs.
For information specific to a virtualization feature, see the following sections:
- Virtual System Monitoring Concepts
- Managing Sync / vSync
- Standalone Monitoring for Virtual Machines
- Virtual System Configuration Mirroring
- Hyper-V Element Configurations
- vSphere Element Configurations