The API is installed on the Uptime Monitoring Station, but includes its own server that communicates with Uptime DataStore. As such, the API exists as a separate process from the Uptime Core process, allowing for more flexibility as the platform's feature set expands.The Controller service is named
Uptime Controller on Windows, and
uptime_controller on Linux.
Stopping and Restarting the Controller Service on Windows
- Open the Services Control Panel.
- Right-click the Uptime Controller service, and then click Stop.
- Click Start to restart the service.
Stopping and Restarting the Controller Service on Linux
- Log in to the Monitoring Station as root.
- Type the following command to stop the Uptime Controller service:
- Type the following command to start the Uptime Controller service: