The license key for your Uptime Infrastructure Monitor Monitoring Station is bound to the HostID of the system on which the monitoring station is installed. An updated license key is required to move the Monitoring Station to a new platform. A new license key may also be required when updating the number of monitored elements or if significant hardware changes are made to the Monitoring Station system.
Re-hosting using the uptime License Portal
- Install Uptime Infrastructure Monitor on your new server and collect the HostID for the new system.
Log in to the uptime License Portal at http://support.uptimesoftware.com/license-portal.php
NoteNote that you need to be identified as a valid licensing contact to access the license portal. Please contact your IDERA Account Executive or a License Admin at your company if you require help with this step.
- You should see a list of your current Uptime Infrastructure Monitor deployment(s) in the center of the screen. Find the deployment you would like to re-host within that list and expand it by clicking the + sign.
- Click Re-host license key under the selected deployment.
- You will then be taken through a wizard to complete the license re-hosting. You will be required to enter the HostID and operating system of the new platform so please have that information available.
- At the end of the wizard, a new key will be presented for the new monitoring station server. You may use the old key for up to 60 days to complete the migration to the new server.